Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 3 - Colors

As soon as I saw today's theme, I knew instantly what I was going to post.

On the first of this month, all of Washington State saw a brilliant red sun as it was setting. The sky was a lovely cornflower blue while the clouds where streaked with a burnt sienna color. As I was sitting outside, talking with my fiance, the only thing that resonated inside of me was, "grab your camera, you idiot!". This was the first (of several) that I was able to snap:



Now, I don't alter my photos in any way, other than do an "auto-fix" on the brightness and contrast. One simple click of a button, and then my photos are done. As I was uploading my photos to Facebook, one of my friends had uploaded an overly exposed, high saturation photo of her and her kids. (My friend is so overly photogenic, it's not even funny. This girl can make chapstick look hot!) As I was looking at her photos, I thought to myself, "Huh. I wonder what some of my other photos would look like if I did this". So, I opened one of the photos of the red sun, and overly exposed, and highly saturated it with brightness, contrast and colors, and this is what came out:



Now, I've never, NEVER, considered myself talented with the camera or with editing images. But, when this turned out the way it did, I was absolutely flabbergasted with myself. I LOVE the way the colors are bright, cheerful, and it doesn't look like my lowly little town of Longview. I was actually proud of myself for once when it comes to photography. And now, I share that joy with you. Enjoy. <3

-K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home